Howdy! Here’s What’s New!
* IMPORTANT REMINDER! Jesse Goodman Presents CIBO MATTO featuring Nels Cline w/ special guest Elini Sikelianos in a benefit concert for the Henry Miller Memorial Library on Thursday, October 2. Tickets HERE!
* The 18th annual Big Sur Writing Workshop for picture books, early reader, middle grade & YA fiction now open for registration! Please go HERE!
* The 9th annual Big Sur Short Film Screening Series is now ready for it’s 12th installment! We will do a special screening of The Sandpiper the Taylor/Burton masterpiece! Click here for the schedule! Also, of course, you will not miss the Gala Finale on Sunday, August 31!
* A Gob of Spit in the Face of Art. A symposium to mark the 80th Anniversary of Henry Miller’s ‘Tropic of Cancer.’ On 19th of September Goldsmiths, University of London will host a Symposium to mark the 80th Anniversary of Henry Miller’s controversial debut novel, ‘Tropic of Cancer’. Library director, Magnus Torén will be speaking at the event.
* Sign our email list HERE!
* The Library is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit. We exist thanks to your donations. Show your support (& get rewards) HERE!
* On June 20 it is exactly 50 years ago that Tropic of Cancer became a legal book to read in the United States. Read about it here!
* Support the H.M. Library at just $2 a month – sign up for our digest here!
* The 2013 issue of Ping•Pong – our literary magazine here!