It’s true! We’re looking for volunteers to become part of the HML “familia” this summer season, which is, more or less April 15-Oct. 15th. A couple of things:
* The typical volunteer stint is 2-3 weeks; 32 hours of volunteering per week.
* Being a volunteer is completely different than our archiving internship. (Info on that here.)
* Send your resume to email@example.com
* If possible include dates that work. We especially need help in July, Aug, and Sept.
* Alas, we can’t respond to every email or applicant.
As to what you can expect from your magical stint here, you get…
* Space for a tent
* A kitchen
* Bathrooms (no shower; but we have a “solar shower;” I was bummed not one volunteer used it last year. It’s so refreshing!)
* Cooking utensils, fuel, etc. – Basically everything you need to cook, etc
During the day you’ll help out in the store, selling books, setting up, cleaning etc; and at night, you’ll help out at the show (and, naturally, see them!) We have about 2-3 events a week. It’s a lot of work, but it’s fun!
(Speaking of shows…it’s always great when cool bands come here, but during such shows tasks may be rather unglamorous, like manning the backstage area or checking wristbands. Ahh that’s show biz for you.)