While the rest of the world heads to Staples to buy Trapper Keepers (are they still around?) and get ready for school, we’re at the doorstep of another majestic Indian Summer chock full of great events.
So we figured hey, why not do a classic “pull-up” (to steal the old corporate term) and outline where things stand, yeah?
- OK, first. Thanks yet again for Fernwood Resort’s for their incredible generosity and selfless hard work. The benefit raffle, ping pong, and poker thing on the 15th was a smashing success. Check our FB(Facebook) page to see if you won (if you did, you were already contacted though!)
- And to those who kindly donated and may yet still donate to our fundraising drive: our brand-spanking new t-shirts are ready and they look FABULOUS. Once they’re in we’ll post pictures and stuff and get’em in the mail. We’re just waiting on the publication of our amazing HML souvenir book- which is about to go to the printer – then we’ll start shipping out the rewards. In fact, click on the pic to the left – it’s an excerpt from the book featuring a certain Library cat. Stay tuned and thanks!
- Speaking of which, here is an update on how things stand with the fundraising drive.
- Upcoming events are still being added – check’em here. But of note:
- This Sat. Aug. 25th – a Literary and Musical Garden Party featuring tons of amazing musicians and writers, including Jane Smiley! Info here.
- Sunday, Aug. 26th – The Big Sur International Short Film Screening Series Grand Finale!! The crown jewel of our most beguiling tiara. Not to be missed. There will be multiple dudes in tuxes in attendance! Info here.
- August 31st: Screening of”Koyaanisqatsi,” plus Q&A with director Godfrey Reggio and composer Philip Glass! Tickets here.
- September 28th: an evening with Rufus Wainwright! Tickets here. All proceeds of this show go to the Library’s 2012 fundraising drive.
- We got a ton of new and amazing books in the store too! So come on done – we dare you to leave empty-handed.
Of course, this is just the tip of the iceberg; there’s a lot more going on, so once again, do check the upcoming events page.
Just wanted to “pull up” for a sec.
Thanks for coming everybody, and we’ll see you at Appleby’s on Friday afternoon for “South of the Border” happy hour!!